Wednesday, November 24, 2004

DVD mp.3s

You can put around 800 songs (mp3 format) on a single layer DVD. For those of you who are watched closely by Big Brother at work (can't store songs on your hard drive; can't listen to streaming audio; etc.), this is a great alternative --load up a DVD with 800 of your favorite tunes, check "Shuffle" on Windows Media Player (if you're at least allowed to have WMP at work) and never hear the same song that day.

This works well for me when I dj also - instead of clogging the laptop with mp3s, I've been taking a handful of specialized DVDs lately - works really well!

Maybe some of you tech-heads out there can answer this question for me, though -- most DVD players will play an "mp3 CD" i.e. a CD with around 150 mp3s on it. None of my DVD players, though, will play an "mp3 DVD" i.e. a DVD with around 800 mp3s on it. Why is this?

5 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger ginger said...

Wait, Paul, are you the DJ who did Hamburg prom a couple of years ago? If so, I've been trying to remember your web address because they are looking for djs for the winter formal.

Is this right?

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger pselby said...

No, to the best of my recollection, we haven't dj'ed the Hamburg prom. Always interested, though - I'm guessing we would need the "clean edit" versions of the songs, though, right?

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger ginger said...

Aw, shoot. Yeah, clean edits are needed! :) The guy's name was Paul, so I thought it might be you. It was worth a shot, though. Hey, send us your info, maybe I can get you a gig. Haha, do you call them 'gigs?'

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger pselby said...

Yep, they're still "gigs." We're doing a wedding tonight, so I'll tell my partner/booking guy/nephew about it (if anyone wants to contact him about "gigs", call True Value in Hamburg and ask for John - he handles all bookings and price negotiations; I just show up where I'm told to.)

I just ended a sentence with a preposition, didn't I? And in correspondence with a teacher!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

John is your nephew?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home