Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Recommended Download

Phish's cover of Snoop's "Gin & Juice"-- great bluegrass version. I've commissioned my nephew to try to do a "mash up" of their cover and Snoop's original, but he is finding it very difficult to do. He did a flawless job of mashing up Bobby Brown and Britney Spears on "My Prerogative," though. Next project: No Doubt and Talk Talk mash up of "It's My Life."

Of course, speaking of bluegrass cover versions of rock songs, the guys in Hayseed Dixie are still the kings.

5 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Sounds pretty interesting...you may have to link to some snipets for us.

Did you see your shout-out? Bet you didn't know you reminded me of someone.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger fairygirl701 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger pselby said...

You know, I read that yesterday and somehow totally missed that that was a reference to me! But, if I somehow remind you of someone who apparently made a trying time a little easier, then that's all good - thanks for the reference.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Phish's Gin and Juice kicks rear... But so does Dynamite Hack's "Boyz in the Hood"

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger pselby said...

Yeah, I love that song. The deadpan delivery cracks me up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home