Wednesday, April 20, 2005

News Of The Day

Monticello has a community bulletin board sign much like the one in Hamburg that is across from the "Jax" store. This morning, it announced the impending arrival of the "Pine Bluff Sympony."

...sigh....

In less irritating news, I read yesterday that Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson are touring minor league ballparks this summer and they will be at Ray Winder Field in Little Rock on July 2nd. Sounds interesting to me - I don't think they've ever had a concert there. I've never seen Dylan, either; I've seen Willie 2 or 3 times.

This week I' m getting prepared for my solo dj gig Friday night for the Bradley County Relay For Life. My mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor and for the past couple of years, she has asked me to provide the music. The catch is that I do this almost continuously from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. the next morning -- I got somewhat loopy last year around 4:00 a.m. or so. And then there is the drive home from Warren to Crossett immediately thereafter. It's for a good cause, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home