Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Random Again

I held out for awhile, but now I have DSL (I had my reasons for sticking with dial-up....). Since I've had it at work forever, it's not that revolutionary to me, but it is still pretty cool. Maybe I'll post more now?

* I can't get worked up about the Schiavo matter. Go ahead and throw things at me.

* I don't particularly care what happens to Michael Jackson.

* I find myself thinking about what should happen to the perpetrators in the two recent incidents where young girls were kidnapped from their homes, sexually abused, and murdered. The thoughts center on getting them out of police custody and torturing them beyond belief. Just a thought, though.

* My favorite tune right now is "I'm Not Okay" by My Chemical Romance. Papa Roach's "Scars" is pretty catchy, too. And for the first time in a long, long, long time, I kind of like a Toby Keith song. "Honky Tonk U" is so reminiscent of Waylon, it is hard not to like. Doesn't mean I like him, though.

* The band is playing a bar for the first time in a long time in a couple of weeks - WE AREN'T READY! (We are a lazy bunch....)

*B.B. King, Brave Combo, Hank Jr., Black Crowes, and even R.E.O. Speedwagon - Riverfest is sounding pretty good this year. The Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis sounds a lot better, though.

* Jerry Falwell is critically ill. No further comment there.

* I haven't watched the show The Starlet, but it seems ironic to me that Faye Dunaway from Network would be on a reality show. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, isn't it?

1 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger pselby said...

Both pale in comparison to the mighty Billy Idol.

Actually, I've seen both the Spin Doctors and Tesla. The Spin Doctors headlined over Screaming Trees and Soul Asylum; we left about 3 songs into the Spin Doctor's set. They were at Riverfest last year,too, but I declined. I saw Tesla open for Def Leppard long, long ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home