Monday, April 04, 2005

"Worship Jamz"?!!

At least one television in my house seems to always be tuned to Nickelodeon or the Cartoon Network - so I had the pleasure this weekend of seeing a commercial several times that was just ..... strange.

"Worship Jamz" seems to be from the same folks who brought us the "Kidz Bop" series. This time the premise apparently is to take recently popular Christian songs, add a dance beat, and make a Christian party cd for kids. Like, "I Can Only Imagine" with a techno beat.

This just strikes me as odd - maybe because I was raised as a Baptist and dancing was always supposedly verboten (sp?).

I wonder what would happen if I was dj'ing at a party and I dropped this on right after a 50 Cent tune.

Whatever.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger fairygirl701 said...

lol!! That would be funny to watch! Christian rock suxxxx!!! They always play it at the monticello movies before the show starts. Torture, sheer torture.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Nick said...

We Tivo some shows on Nickelodeon for Alex. I was playing one of them the other day and had to do a double take when that commercial came on. I thought it was a joke but... they're serious! Man, that is just crazy. I didn't realize there was something out there that was more annoying and aurally offensive that "Kidz Bop."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home