Monday, April 11, 2005

Maybe I'm Too Picky, But...

http://www.crossett.lib.ar.us/

I love the new library in Crossett -- I was amazed that the voters approved it, frankly, and I was extremely pleased with the results. My children and I go there every other Saturday morning and get reading material for the next couple of weeks (this past Saturday, I got the latest from David Sedaris and George Carlin; "Eats , Shoots, and Leaves" continues to be checked out, but I'll get it one day).

Somehow I had overlooked the fact that the library has a web address where you can do your book searching at home and then go get them. I copied the web address down Saturday, went home, and started browsing.

The catalog portion of the web site is great. I hesitate to say this, but the rest of the site is far from great. Click on the above link and then go to the section on the history of the library. Maybe I'm too picky, but I think that a LIBRARY website should have passages with proper spelling and grammar. There are other sections that aren't much better.

This bothers me.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder if there were any women performing those "man-hours"????

Or the Cunstruction?

Or if they were the reason the space "become" crowded...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home