Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Ultimate Gift

Yeah, I got a cool DVD recorder and a new improved XM radio. Very pleased. But these gifts pale in comparison to something else I got. I'm still breathless at my good fortune.

I got a Jeff Gordon tire gauge.

I won't slam NASCAR or its fans -- if you like cars going in circles, that's fine. You would probably find my hobbies silly, also.

How did this wonderful gift come about? My men's cologne of choice for over 20 years has been Halston Z-14. It was formerly the type of cologne that you could only get at Dillard's, etc. Now it is discounted and available at Wal-Mart, and for all I know, Fred's and Dollar General. That's fine - it is my "scent" and it beats the hell out of this atrocious "Axe" stuff that my son has.

My wife bought me a Halston Z-14 gift pack for Christmas. The only way it was available was in a NASCAR / Jeff Gordon package. So that's what I got - and it came with this wonderful tire gauge.

I have ragged my wife unmercifully today about this gift (albeit in a good natured way). When asked by relatives today about gifts that I received, this is the first thing that I mentioned - in a hushed and reverent tone.

I got strange looks.

Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope that you all enjoyed the good fortune that I enjoyed today.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger fairygirl701 said...

hahaha, now your cologne's target consumer is the NASCAR crowd! That thing might just come in handy one day and imagine the pride you'll feel pulling out that fancy smancy tire gauge!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Cara said...

That's so funny!! I'm like Stephanie, one day that tire gauge may save your life and just imagine the guilt you'll feel.. Well, probably not, but maybe!! Tell everyone I said Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home