Thursday, April 21, 2005

Doghouse

I left a gel pen in my pants pocket a couple of days ago, apparently.

In the washer and dryer, it ruined three pair of my pants, one of my shirts, a pair of my son's pants, and several socks.

I am in the doghouse, especially as this required my wife to clean out the dryer with some bleach-based substance.

Here is the sensitive question: Of course, it is the primary responsibility of the wearer to make sure that his or her pockets are empty when putting their clothes with the dirty clothes for the laundry. But isn't there some responsibility for the person doing the laundry to make sure there are no foreign objects in pockets?

I, of course, did not make this argument at the time. It would not have been wise.

5 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger ginger said...

I rarely check. My reasoning is that going through my man's pockets feels snoopy, but it also leaves me responsible for returning any spare change or dollars I find. If they are laundered, then they are fair game because I "don't know" whose clothes they came out of.... Mwuwhahaaaa!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger fairygirl701 said...

I turn the pockets inside out b/c I think they need washing too. And ging--I don't return the change either haha unless it is alot. Honestly, though I would have been aggrevated too at you! It was probably one of those times where you are just mad--doesn't matter whose fault.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger pselby said...

At least none of HER clothing was in there....

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Although I tend to agree with your analysis... I am thinking you definitely took the right and true approach!!

BTW, Paul, You made a comment along the lines of "I hope you received that email," the other day...

And... you know, I have actually replied twice... Maybe your email system blocked my address?

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Politically Homeless said...

It sounds like you were right not to make the point about checking the pockets. That probably wouldn't have gone over well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home