Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Good News For Ginger

-from Yahoo! News:

Rocker Corgan to reform Smashing Pumpkins

Singer Billy Corgan said on Tuesday he plans to revive The Smashing Pumpkins, his Grammy-winning band which broke up in 2000 after more than a decade of blending alternative rock with the avant-garde.
In full-page advertisements in Chicago newspapers, the bald-headed Corgan said, "I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams."
He did not say which if any of the band's former members would be involved in the revived group, which broke through with albums such as "Gish" and "Siamese Dream."
The Pumpkins' top selling album was "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" which came out in 1995, but as the 1990s progressed their work became increasingly obscure as tensions arose in the group.
They broke up over differences among its four members and Corgan has since jumped from project to project but failed to match his early success.
Corgan, based in Chicago, has just released a solo album, "TheFutureEmbrace" on Reprise Records.
He did not say when he would try to reform the Pumpkins but the new album "represents a new beginning, not an ending. It picks up the thread of the as-yet-unfinished work and charter of The Smashing Pumpkins," he said.

Sayeth Paul - Corgan was never my cup of tea (too whiny), but this should be welcome news for a lot of folks

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger ginger said...

HOOORAY!!!!

I never thought I would see the day! I never could get into Corgan's band "Zwan" - I would LOVE to see them perform... *skipping around*

Thanks for the heads up, Paul!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger fairygirl701 said...

YAY!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home