Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Got Some Time To Kill; Might As Well Blog....

My RSS feeds are getting a little out of hand; takes a long time to go through them. Time to purge. Will probably delete a lot of the indie rock sites - I've never heard of most of those bands, anyway.

Note to Chris from "American Idol": You blew it big time, dude. Creed is quite possibly one of the worst bands of all time. And you didn't even sing it very well. What's next, Chris? Nickelback? 3 Doors Down? I may have to switch my allegiance to the Kelly Clarkson clone.

I'm very late with this, but thanks to my loving wife for surprising me with Rolling Stones / Merle Haggard tickets. Merle was great (although not nearly loud enough) and the Stones....well, they were the Stones. I've seen them before so I didn't have the "need to see them before they die mindset." Watching Mick Jagger cavort around the stage, I thought to myself that I hope I have that kind of energy when I am in my late 60's.....but then, hell, I don't have that kind of energy now. Their best song was a Ray Charles cover where the back-up singer, Lisa Fisher, stole the show.

Caught up on a lot of movies lately.... Walk The Line and Cinderella Man are really good movies; Pride and Prejudice is okay; and Just Like Heaven....not so good. I was, of course, kidding about Larry The Cable Guy - Health Inspector --- it was a very, very, very bad movie.

Experienced karma of the "My Name is Earl" variety: my very nice tax refund was approximately just enough to cover our sudden need for extensive plumbing work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home