Wednesday, March 01, 2006

More Signs Of The Apocalypse....

I checked on Billboard's Top Ten Albums for the week. The number one album in the country is the soundtrack to a Disney Channel show, "High School Musical." The number two album in the country is Kidz Bop 9.

Barry Manilow is in there, too.

On top of all that, all of the "cool" indie music websites seem to be engaging in revisionist musical history by proclaiming Air Supply to have been a "cool" band. This happened several years ago to the Carpenters, too. I noticed that Air Supply was scheduled to be on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" a few days ago, even. They sure as hell weren't cool when I was in high school; they were the epitome of "wimp rock." Plus, that guy kind of looked like Conway Twitty.

Sigh. I guess our band needs to start working on a cover version of "Making Love Out Of Nothing At All." I vaguely remember a parody we would sing in high school of their song "All Out Of Love": "I'm all out of drugs, I can't do without them...."

Still waiting on the Shaun Cassidy revival.

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger fairygirl701 said...

The carpenters aren't cool?

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger pselby said...

They are now - they weren't when they were actually around having hits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home